Thursday 10 July 2008

THE BULLFINCH, RIVERHEAD

The Bullfinch is a large, well decorated pub in the semi-minimalist, stainless steel style, between Dunton Green and Riverhead.
I went there in a party of six on a Friday night in summer so I was surprised that it wasn’t as busy as I expected and I also noticed a lack of atmosphere.
The food was adequate but not spectacular except for the cheeseboard which contained a cheese called Hereford Hop, which was delicious.
The bill total was £195 for six people, which I considered rather expensive for six starters, five main courses and one starter for a main course, one dessert and one cheeseboard.
We also had four bottles of wine and these must have been quite expensive in view of the bill.
All in all, nothing inherently wrong with the place but I wouldn’t rush back there.
Open: Seven days a week
Food: Lunch 12-3pm (Monday - Friday) Dinner 6-9:30pm (Monday - Thursday) 6-10pm (Friday) All Day 12-10pm (Saturday)
Address: The Bullfinch,
Riverhead, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2DR
Telephone: 01732 455107
Map
Website: http://www.geronimo-inns.co.uk/thebullfinch/

No comments: